Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Creative Couple Portrait - Joni and Jethro

I was recently given a commission to create an illustration for a local guide. They saw my painting of "Cody" and wanted me to do something similar. I had a week to come up with it, so with the sketch approved I worked on the painting over the weekend. I sent it off on Sunday night. Then today I got a call from the publisher... they decided the painting wasn't suitable for the style of the guide. Nevertheless I decided to share this painting and will be giving the couple the painting as a thank you. I hope you can enjoy it.

This was the initial sketch
I decided I wasn't happy with Jethro's pose (plus he looked like a dirty old man...) so I thought a cheeky look would be better


The Finished Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment